Gifting is an important process during the holiday seasons; and packaging is the important part of any gifting process. This wrapping and packaging involves the use of packaging supplies which then goes wastes after the holidays are over. The biggest danger of this amount of waste is for the environment.
Although the experts in packaging industry keep suggesting people about using smart ways to package the gifts in order to maintain good environment, the education doesn’t quite seem affecting the huge masses. In this scenario, it is the need of the hour to use different means of information sharing in order to let the people know about what they can do with the bulk of packaging supplies in order to ensure sustainable environment.
A few tips are worth mentioning in this regard.
Use of repurposed materials
The wrapping paper is usually a material which is discarded immediately after a gift in unwrapped. This discarding of wrapping contributes to the generation of huge bulk of wastes. So, you can use newspapers or torn-out magazine instead of new wrapping paper in order to wrap the gifts.
The habit of recycling is great. it can not only help you save money but it will also help you save environment. While you can wrap the gifts using materials which can be used further, there is nothing that you can do about the gifts that you receive. However, there are still some methods to use the wrapping paper of received gifts.
- While unwrapping, make sure that no damage is being done to the wrapping paper.
- If the wrapping paper gets damaged, convert it into shred in order to make a decoration for the multi-colored confetti.
- Store leftover wrapping paper safely for the next usage.
- Use the wrapping paper to wrap the books that need more safety.
Use boxes to organize things
The gift boxes you receive with the gifts can be used in the home from a number of different perspectives. Here is what you can do with the gift boxes.
- Use them to store your ties and other things.
- Use them in the office spaces to store business cards, paper clips, pushpins and sticky notes.
- Place rubber bands, toothpicks and twist ties while organizing your kitchen.
Encourage your kids to play with the boxes
Boxes that you receive as gifts can be used as toys for your kids. You can either make them some toys with those boxes or give them colorful papers, scissors and glue to apply their creativity in order to prepare whatever they want.